Students must satisfy one of the following conditions
- Applicants should have completed 12-year (or more) primary and secondary education
- Applicants must be foreign students (not Korean citizen) whose parents are also foreigners
Minimum Korean Proficiency Requirement for Applicants
At least Level 3 in TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean)
(Provided that students in Level 3 must obtain Level 4 prior to graduation)
Students are selected based on document review only(overall assessment based on high school transcripts, cover letter, Korean proficiency, etc.)
KOREATECH may conduct a separate Scholastic Aptitude Test if deemed necessary.
documents for Submission
- Admissions Form (KOREATECH form)
- documents that certify the applicant and the applicant’s parents’ citizenship and relationship (Family relations certificate, Birth certificate and Copy of Passport)
- Copy of Alien’s registration card(if available)
- Employment certification and certification of income of parents
- Certificate of Remittance to Korea or Currency Exchange (at least USD 13,000)
- Language Proficiency Certificates (TOPIK, TOEFL, IELTS, TEPS)
- Copy of Passport
- Official Transcripts of high school
- Official Graduation certificate of high school
- Official Graduation certificate from government(or government certified institute)
- Personal Statement (KOREATECH form)
- 5 photos (3 X 4cm)
Speacial note for applicants
If this applies to you, please prepare the document that is explained below for your visa beforehand. As this document takes long time to prepare, we would like to inform you in advance.
documented proof of final level of education
In Principle, documented proof of final level of education that you submit must be an original version. documented proof of education that you requested and received is acceptable only within its validity, which is generally 30 days from the date of issue and extendable.
If you are a citizen of one of the 21 designated countries below or have a degree/ an academic certificate of one of those countries, you must submit ⅰ,ⅱ or ⅲ.
[Designated 21 Countries]
- ⅰA document of degree/diploma certified in accordance with the Apostille Convention
- ⅱA document of degree/diploma confirmed by the Korean consul stationed in the country where the school is located or by the consul of the country concerned stationed in Korea
- ⅲ A certified report of degree/diploma issued by the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center/China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (only for those who acquired a diploma/degree in China)
- A citizen of china with a degree or an academic certificate of a school in America: You must have your document certified in accordance with the Apostille convention or confirmed by the consul of Korean diplomatic missions in the U.S or the consul of American diplomatic missions in KOREA
- A citizen of the U.S. with a degree or an academic certificate of a school in china: You must submit a certified report of degree/diploma issued by the china Higher Education Student Information and Career Center/China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development center or a document confirmed by the consul of Korean diplomatic missions in China.
- A high-school graduate : proof of final education (a certificate of graduation)
- A person with a bachelor's or higher degree: Proof of degree(a certificate of graduation showing the degree is also acceptable)
- A transfer student: Proof of final education (if bachelor's or higher degree - proof of the degree) and a certificate of attendance of current school(if you are still attending school)
About General Admission