Korean Government Scholarship Program
Duration of Scholarship
- Undergraduate : Korean language program 1 year + degree curriculum 4 years 4-year major in a Korean university]
Majors that require over 4 years are not approved (medical science, architecture, etc.)
- Graduate : Korean language program 1 year + degree curriculum (master's 2 years/doctor's 3 years)
Graduate program, doctoral program, combined master's and doctorate program established in a Korean university.
|Announcement||Sept. of prior year||Jan. ~ Feb. each year|
(diplomatic offices, university)
|Dec. of prior year||Every April|
|Select scholarship student||Every January||Every June|
|Scholarship student arrival||Every September||Every end of August|
Airfare: Round-trip economy class ticket.
- Airfare for entry will not be provided to scholars who already presently live in Korea for academic study or employment.
- The fees for domestic travel within a scholar's home country and for travel insurance to and from Korea will not be provided.
- Scholars from China and the Czech Republic will not be provided airfare by NIIED, but by their country of origin according to the mutual agreements.
- (KRW)900,000won(undergraduate school) per month.
- (KRW)1,000,000won(graduate school) per month.
- (KRW)210,000won for scholars in the humanities and social sciences;
- (KRW)240,000won for scholars in natural and mechanic sciences, per semester.( only for graduate school)
Relocation (Settlement) Allowance
(KRW)200,000won upon arrival
Language Training Fee
All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university). The tuition is paid by NIIED.
Dissertation Printing Costs
(KRW)500,000 ~ 800,000won, depending on the actual costs.
(KRW)20,000won per month will be provided (limited coverage).
Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean language (TOPIK Level 5 or 6)
(KRW)100,000won per month (commencing from the degree program)
How to apply
Please read carefully KGSP guideline
There are required papers that have to be original (Student need to send me all papers by mail )
Office of External Affairs of KOREATECH
1600 Chungjeol-ro, Byeongcheon-myeon, Dongnam-gu, Cheonan, Chungcheongnam-do, 31253 Republic of Korea
- Deadline: 2021.04.02 ( Mail-in applications will only be accepted if received before the due date.)
- Dual applications are not accepted.
Applicants must apply for this program via only one institution
- Applicants must maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution.
If an applicant does not satisfy the above GPA criteria, he/she will be disqualified from applying to this program.